Contributions are welcome, and they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given.
When reporting a bug please include:
- Your operating system name and version.
- Any details about your local setup that might be helpful in troubleshooting.
- Detailed steps to reproduce the bug.
feedinlib could always use more documentation, whether as part of the official feedinlib docs, in docstrings, or even on the web in blog posts, articles, and such.
Feature requests and feedback¶
The best way to send feedback is to file an issue at https://github.com/oemof/feedinlib/issues.
If you are proposing a feature:
- Explain in detail how it would work.
- Keep the scope as narrow as possible, to make it easier to implement.
- Remember that this is a volunteer-driven project, and that code contributions are welcome :)
To set up feedinlib for local development:
Fork feedinlib (look for the “Fork” button).
Clone your fork locally:
git clone email@example.com:YOURGITHUBNAME/feedinlib.git
Create a branch for local development:
git checkout -b name-of-your-bugfix-or-feature
Now you can make your changes locally.
When you’re done making changes run all the checks and docs builder with tox one command:
Commit your changes and push your branch to GitHub:
git add . git commit -m "Your detailed description of your changes." git push origin name-of-your-bugfix-or-feature
Submit a pull request through the GitHub website.
Pull Request Guidelines¶
If you need some code review or feedback while you’re developing the code just make the pull request.
For merging, you should:
- Include passing tests (run
- Update documentation when there’s new API, functionality etc.
- Add a note to
CHANGELOG.rstabout the changes.
- Add yourself to
To run a subset of tests:
tox -e envname -- pytest -k test_myfeature
To run all the test environments in parallel:
tox -p auto